Friday, July 15, 2022

Sharing my book

Thursday

I got up around 7:30. I got ready, then watered all my plants. I flattened some mounds, and poured soapy water in the tunnels. I put in some edging, then planted some sprouted garlic cloves.

I put 3 gallons of fertilized water in my car. I read e-mail until 10, then went to the garden. I watered and fertilized the plants. I put netting over a tomato plant. Then I went to the hotel. I chatted with the chaplain and his wife. I gave her my copy of “The Real Anthony Fauci” to read. After more chatting, I left. I went to the fruit trees to fertilize them. Then I stopped by the post office and picked up the mail, and unlocked the swap shop.

When I got home, I made breakfast. I ate it while watching The Highwire. Del actually walked on a high wire and made it all the way across.

I stopped before 3 to go walking at the gym with Diane. We walked on the lower level because a group was doing trials up above. We tried to shove the bleachers out of the way, but they wouldn't budge and I hurt my wrist. After walking for 30 minutes, she went back to work and I went home.

I worked on getting my project pics together and organized so I could pick a project for Saturday. Finally I picked the scrubber sponge. I went to my sewing room to find some fabric, batting, and netting. I had saved some from packages of garlic and onions. I cut two 4x5.5 pieces of each. I stacked them appropriately and sewed around the edges, leaving a space for turning. So far so good. But when I attempted to turn it inside out, the netting edges came out of the stitching line. So I took it all apart, sewed the netting securely to one piece of fabric with a shortened stitch. Then I made the sandwich again and sewed around. But again, when I turned it inside out, some of the netting poked out. I topstitched it anyway. Then I posted the project to Facebook using the picture that came with the directions. Oh well

Chris came home from work with his usual Thursday pizza. I worked on my blog. I wanted to pick lettuce from the tower garden, but it was raining. When it stopped, I made a salad, and tea. Then we watched the last episodes of season 6 of Cheers. I read my book until I was falling asleep. Then I went to bed.

No comments: