Sunday, July 31, 2022

Pioneer Days

Saturday

I got up at 7 when Chris' alarm went off. I got dressed and watered all the plants at home. I resisted the gopher mounds. Chris cooked me 4 eggs for breakfast (since I missed supper last night). I read some e-mail, then got my stuff together so I was ready when Michelle arrived at 8:20.

We had a nice trip to Tooele. I thought Pioneer Days was a Tooele-wide event, but we went to a church and all the events were inside. We listened to a young lady talk about the old days. Then we walked around the church, seeing the different activities in the various rooms. In one room they were making dolls out of fat quarters. Michelle made two and gave me one. In another room, they were tying quilts. I put in half a row (because I ran out of thread). I met some people I know from the base. We stood in line to make candles. We skipped the ice cream-making activity and the fried bread station. But Michelle got some bread for Chris.

After that, she took me to a nursery. They had bigger stuff, like bushes and trees. Then we went back to the base, chatting all the way. She dropped me off at my house. I ate some seed crackers, plus chicken and rice that Chris made. She came back with the fried bread for Chris. I gave her the goat cheese I had left and she gave me $10 (even though I didn't ask for money).

At 1:45 I went to the house to clean with Jamie. I worked in the kitchen, cleaning behind the fridge and stove, then cleaning the inside of the fridge. I also did two windows and their blinds. Then I dusted all the walls, and a ceiling fan. After 4 hours, I was ready to go. Jamie had to leave for a short while. She said she would finish the house herself and gave me $150 plus told me to keep the $45 change from the other day. So after she left, I pulled my car into the garage and loaded all my cleaning stuff into it. Then I went home.

Chris heated chicken on the stove for me. I jotted notes for my blog. I read e-mail while eating, then put on my suit and went to the pool. I got an earful about the family with the 10+ kids. I came home and told Chris. He said he can't do anything until someone files a report. I made a note to tell the lifeguards to file a report. I made tea and we watched a movie called One for the Money. Then I read e-mail and went to bed.

No comments: