Friday, July 1, 2022

The jalapeno contest

Thursday

I got up around 7:30. I looked for my calcium hydroxyapatite. I couldn't find it. I ordered more, not realizing that it would show up later. I changed the air filter and washed the pre-filter. I could not find a new coal filter and I thought I had both kinds.

I watered my plants. I fertilized the trees on the way to the colonel's house. I fed and watered the cats. I went to the garden. I watered and weeded mine and the one across the way.

When I got home, I made and ate breakfast while watching The Highwire. They talked about the mental stress and developmental delays due to the lockdowns. Then I read e-mail until 2:50.

I drove to the swap shop with my book. I also got the mail. I read for an hour, pausing only when Diane came in to look around. It was after 4 when I stopped reading, and locked the shop and went home.

I made ice tea to take along. Chris came home, so I went with him to the Independence Day celebration. It was in front of the community club. The tables were full and the band was playing. Chris wandered off. I talked to the lady selling t-shirts, then to John from church. I spoke with the librarian who was giving out paperback books. I went to the shooting range and shot up a paper with an alien on it. Then I tried the axe-throwing, but that didn't go nearly as well. Then I talked to Diane, and then to Jenni. Saronna came with her kids. I played with the baby, and then 'danced' with him. There was a hotdog eating contest, and then a jalapeno eating contest. I was surprised when Chris entered because he doesn't like jalapenos. Each person was given 5. He only ate one, and slowly. Others were eating to win, and suffered as a result.

As it was getting dark, I returned the baby to his mother. Michelle was gone and she had said something about ribs, so I walked to her house. It was brightly lit. She welcomed me and said the Lands were bringing the food. When they arrived, Chris was with them (or just happened to arrive at the same time.) We ate and sat on the couch talking. It went late. The fire chief stopped by, just to see what was going on in the brightly lit house. I think Chris was the only person he knew. But he had a good time. When Michelle mentioned the time, I figured we should leave. She gave me two jars of goat milk and I paid her. Then we got in Chris' car and he drove us home.

He got on his computer while I worked on my blog. He went to bed much sooner than I did, but it was still after midnight.

No comments: