Thursday, July 28, 2022

The cleaning business is looking up

Wednesday

I woke up early when Chris' alarm went off. It took some effort to go back to sleep. I got up at 8. I started coffee morning and watered some plants, then got a call from a guy who wants to sign his house over to us for cleaning next week. I remembered that we already have an apartment for next week and Jamie signed for a house two days ago. So I texted her that I needed to start cleaning it now and she had me come over to get the keys. She also showed me some dusters that she loved and wanted me to get more of at the commissary. She gave me a $100 bill.

I went to the garden to water and fertilize, etc. Then I returned home. I did my exercises and tappings. Then I cleaned the bathrooms and started the kitchen. I vacuumed the floors and emptied the dust cup. Then I washed a grunchload of dishes.

After reading some e-mail, I went to commissary and got the supplies Jamie asked for. Then I stopped by the library to return Gomer Pyle and get the next season of Cheers. I stopped at the post office, then met Terri at the gym for walking. We had a good chat as usual.

When I got home, I dried the dishes and put them away. Just as Chris came home, I left for the cleaning quote. I arrived at 6. I inspected the house, starting with the kitchen. The house was pretty clean. Then I called Jamie to discuss it with her. I suggested $450, and she thought maybe $700 but left it up to me. I quoted him $500. We agreed to meet at 9am for the signing on Tuesday.

I went home and changed into my bathing suit. Chris wished me fun at the pool, but when I got there, it was full of kids. They were in constant motion. I wanted to do laps, but most of the time could only tread water and stay out of their way.

I got out a little early. I dried off and went home. I changed into dry clothes. I worked on my blog while listening to a video on strange blood clots. Aluminum foil is contaminated with other metals. Recycled foil is even higher in contaminants than 'fresh' foil. These clots are not made of blood and have a high concentration of tin.

I made tea and we watched four episodes of Cheers. Then I read e-mail until 11:30 and went to bed. Chris told me later that I forgot to turn the router off.

No comments: