Monday, July 25, 2022

Working out alone

Sunday

We slept in. When I got up, I watered the plants at home and at the garden. When I got back, I was going to make cheese sticks, but discovered we didn't have the cheeses. So I made seed crackers instead. I had already whipped up the eggs and it was too much so I added extra seeds and spices. It made two batches of crackers. I cut up peels for the compost, then made and ate breakfast.

I got dressed for church, packed the snack, and headed to the chapel. Saronna was there with Jonah (her string bass) and her family. I conversed with Sebastien on the last hymn. It was a different arrangement, but in the same key so he played his version and we played from the hymn book and it was fine.

After the opening prayer, we played three hymns. The chaplain gave the sermon, then we played one more hymn. After the service, Chuck came to see me to share his thoughts about how the music went. I invited him to direct and he said he would try it. Then I talked to Sgt King about the music next week, and to the chaplain about his wife, whom I guess is still resting.

When I got home, I ate some seed crackers and fruit. I read e-mail, trying to catch up. CSM Rawls asked me to post about the club being open today. So I put out a quick post to the community page. I also composed a post about the new Digital Garrison app. Then I cut up half the watermelon rind.

I changed clothes, and went to gym. Chris followed me. He talked to Mickie while I went inside and identified the machines I was going to work on. Chris moved the heavy weights off and put 10lbs on. Then he left for the community club. I did my workout in that room and the next room. Then I went home.

I listened to interviews. I picked and made a backyard salad. Eventually Chris came home with a pizza. I worked on my blog. After making tea, we watched the last two episodes of Gomer Pyle. In the last episode, Gomer applies for a transfer and Sgt Carter cancels it.

Then we watched two episodes of Cheers. I read my book until it got late, hoping to finish. But no, they blew up Atlantis and barely got out and then I went to bed.

No comments: