Monday, July 18, 2022

Muffin surprise

Sunday

I woke up, having slept well. I watered here and at garden. I made muffins and cheese sticks, using the spices that Mickie gave me. I added half a banana and some MCT oil to the muffins. For the first time, they were not dry. I listened to a newscast. When Chris finished his shower, I took a shower, then made and ate breakfast. Chris put bacon and chicken in the oven.

I went to the chapel, and put the snacks on the back table. Then I went to the front and assembled my trombone. I talked to the new chaplain, but his wife had stepped out with a migraine. She never came back. Sgt Kent (the therapy dog) greeted me. Saronna came in with her string bass. Yea!

When the countdown was 0, the pastor said a prayer. Saronna, Sebastian and I played three hymns that his teacher had selected. Saronna left. The chaplain prayed again and gave the sermon, then we played one more hymn and another prayer. It was over by 1:45. I asked what time the next service would be. We took a vote and decided to come at 1 next week. I wanted to stay and talk to the assistant, but people were helping me carry the leftover treats and trombone out to my car, so I left with them.

I went home. I read e-mail until almost 5. Then I went to the gym, and worked out with Diane. She made me promise to continue to work out even though she will be gone for 5 or 6 weeks.

I went home, and read e-mail. I picked lettuce and cut up an onion stalk. I added greens from the fridge to make a salad. I also had some steak. I worked on my blog, then made tea. We watched 4 episodes of Gomer Pyle. I realized that the onion stems were not digesting well. I tried to read my book, but restless leg syndrome kept me from getting comfortable and concentrating on the story. Finally I went to bed.

No comments: