Sunday, July 21, 2024

Hot sauce night

Saturday

I got up just after 7. I watered at home, then raked the side yard and trimmed some dead branches from the tree. Then I went to the garden to check the irrigation, etc. I came home and checked e-mail until Chris was ready. He gave me a massage, then took a shower. Afterward, I took mine.

I heated half a gallon of goat milk to 100F on the stove, then put it in the dehydrator. I heated the other half to 180F and curdled it with vinegar. I made and ate breakfast, keeping an eye on the dehydrator.

I packed all the bags of polyfil and fleece into the car, along with the usual sewing accessories. I went to the chapel to set up for sewing. Saronna came with her kids, one of whom wanted to make 3 of the seatbelt pillows. Jenni came and made two of them.

About 4:20, I encouraged Sophia to come back later to finish. I went home and strained the curds from the whey in the dehydrator. Then I put on my suit and went swimming with Jenni. I got nice compliments on my suit. Then I went home for supper and to try to catch up on e-mail.

All too soon, I had to run back to the chapel for Project Night. I unlocked the doors, then spread out my spaceship project. MeryAnn and Stirling came. They both made the project. Jenni came and finished her second one. Saronna brought the kids back so Sophia could finish, and she made progress, but still didn't finish. Her sister caught two gophers when the sprinklers came on. Casey made a rocket shaped like a bomb.

Everyone helped me pack up. Casey encouraged me to come over for hot sauce. Apparently he had bought hot sauces to the kids camp this week and some of the kids made themselves sick trying to show how much they could handle. So I went home and invited Chris.

First we made the bed, then we went over to Michelle's house. I gave her the vinegar cheese. She brought out the hot sauces and some tiny pita breads. I tried very sparing amounts and still got burned. She put some canned whipped cream in a cup for me. That helped, surprisingly. Chris ate larger amounts than I did. Then Casey loaded the game and I made the final choice, giving the tablet to the bahro. It was the right choice, but lead to unnecessary conversations and so-so graphics. Not what I expected for the winning moment. Then Myst V was over.

Chris was sleeping on their couch. I woke him up and we went home. He went to bed while I stayed up just long enough to post to my blog. Then I went straight to bed, also.

No comments: