Friday, July 5, 2024

The actual 4th of July

Thursday

I got up late. I went out to water the plants on the porches and the lawn. Then I went to the garden to check the trap and give the plants some hand-watering. I doubled the amount of water that the irrigation system puts out, but the plants remain small.

I went to 621 to clean in the kitchen. Things were going well until I took down the kitchen blinds which needed to soak. I took them upstairs to the tub, but they were too long. So I got the slender trash can and filled it with water, but it leaked all over the floor. And it's the kind of floor that is ruined by water. So I sopped it up as quickly as I could. Then I tried it with a liner, but either the liner had holes or the blinds made holes. I had to go to the bigger trash can. That took longer to fill up. I added ammonia to it.

I washed the outside of the fridge and behind it. Then it was noon, so I went home for breakfast. Chris was just pulling the chicken thighs out of the oven. He took the meat and all the paperware to the pool for the party. I stayed home to eat breakfast and start watching The Highwire. It was the second segment of Aaron Siri talking to the NH legislature about covid vaccines and injuries.

Later I put on my bathing suit and went to the party. I sat with Chris in the pavilion. People came by to eat, and more people showed up with food. I guess it was more drop-in than I expected. So then I ate too. Someone made mint lemonade, but there were no cups. I went home to find some and didn't have any picnic cups. So I went to the commissary and all they had were insulated cups. I bought a package of those and went back to the party.

I apologized to McKensie for leaving her at Dugway Days. Then we got to talking. Her husband talked about stuff that gets thrown away after 10 years but is still good. He also is coming up with some new testing method. After some time, a man came over and we encouraged him to get something to eat. Well, his wife and family had set up their food at a table by the pool. He took me over and introduced me. His wife said she kept hearing about me and was glad to finally meet me. (What has she heard?) So we talked for some time and I encouraged her to come to the events I put on. Sounds like she will.

I went in the pool and swam between the kids for … maybe an hour. Idk. Then I got out and went back to the pavilion. Chris had gone home, but left everything. So I texted him and he came back for the two bowls of chicken and all the paper and plastic products. I followed him home.

I was still wet from the pool so I sat outside and read Fahrenheit 451 till I was dry. Then I changed into regular clothes. I tried out the sewing project for Saturday. I hung it up and took pics. I watered the flowerbeds and lawn. Then I posted the class to the three community pages.

Finally I worked on my blog. I went out to turn the sprinkler off and got hit by all the built-in sprinklers. I posted for yesterday. I made tea. We watched one episode of WTR. Then I put on a jacket and went to the fire station to watch people set off their personal fireworks. It has been so hot here during the days that 70 degree night weather necessitates a jacket. While the fire works were going off, Mikala's little sister talked to me about everything. I think I convinced her to join my band.

After the celebration, I walked back to my car and drove home. Chris was in bed. I got ready for bed. I read the latest Facebook messages, then jotted notes for my blog and cued the music from last night. I laid in the recliner to go to sleep, but sleep wouldn't come. After an hour, I went to bed.

No comments: