Sunday, July 28, 2024

The trees are on their own now

Saturday

I got up around 8. I got dressed, then went out to water veggies and grass. I dug up some gopher mounds and placed both traps. I came in to read e-mail for awhile and to have a snack. No more intermittant fasting. Then I went to the garden. Surprisingly, the shade cloth structure was still in place. I checked my irrigation and the irrigation to the peach tree. Someone had turned off the water to it, so I turned it back on. No leaks in my lines. I chatted with McKenzie, pulled dead mice from the trap, and went home.

I asked for a massage and when he was ready, we went back to the bedroom. Later he took his shower and then I took mine. I refilled the spirulina container, then made breakfast. I ate it while reading e-mail.

Keli texted me that she was gone with the dogs. So I gathered my cleaning supplies and went over to her RV to clean. I should have vacuumed first, because the power went out while I was cleaning the bathroom. I dusted the fan and woodwork. I cleaned kitchen surfaces and mopped the floors. I sent her a message and left.

I went to house #2. I untangled the hoses that Jamie had left. I attached the splitter. One hose was already on the apple tree so I ran the new one to the pear tree and put a round sprinkler on the end. (I found it at 645B). I tested to make sure water was coming out at both trees.

It was really hot so I went home. The power (and internet) were still out. I drank a large glass of water with a little salt in it. I jotted notes for my blog. I went outside to read for awhile, but got sleepy. I laid down, but sleep wouldn't come. I got up and ate cool yogurt from the fridge. I texted Jenni and told her there was no point in coming back to the base.

I went to 645 to clean for an hour. Then I went home to eat the ground beef Chris cooked on the gas stove top. He went to open the ACS building which has its own generator, so people could come and cool off. I put on my suit to go to the pool, but Michelle texted that it was closed due to the outage. So instead, I raked part of the side yard and mowed it up and down, and across. I put the mower away in case the sprinklers come on.

When I finished, the power was on and the washing machine was running, and the internet was up. But Chris was still gone. I started reading Facebook messages. The power went out again and then back on, several times. But the internet took much longer to restore. Chris came home. We made the bed with a second set of sheets. He was too tired to watch TV.

I posted to my blog, but it still wouldn't accept images. I watched a Myst Uru walkthrough. Chris went to bed. I stayed up to catch up on messages and post to my blog. Then I fell asleep in the recliner. When I woke up, I went to bed.

No comments: