Friday, July 12, 2024

Hymns and more hymns

Thursday

I got up around 7:30. I brushed and swished. I got dressed and went outside to water the plants. I also leveled a mound and put a gopher trap in it. I took two dead mice out of the bucket and buried them with the corn.

I read e-mail for awhile, then went to the garden to check it. I also turned on the water to the fruit tree for the time I was there. No mice. But nothing seems to be growing taller. Tassels are beginning to show.

I went home. I went through all my contracts and made a list of type of home and how long it took to clean it. Then I averaged them to give us a better idea of how much our minimum charge should be.

I opened a spread sheet to make a list of first lines of hymns by number for a Baptist clarinet book that Jenni gave me. I'd rather have titles, but it's all I could find online.

At noon, I stopped to make breakfast. Then I ate while watching The Highwire. When it was over, I went back to entering titles. I stopped a little after 200. I went out to check the gopher trap. It had been sprung, but there was no gopher in it. I cleaned up a corner of the front porch, and a few other places.

I looked at my list of hymns for the next two months and played the base lines, looking for a pair of good ones (in the same key). Then I scanned them into the old computer and cleaned up the copy. It took a long time. But at least with them being in the same key, I could copy/paste parts from one to the other. Chris came home from work with a pizza. I knew it was game night at the club, but I wanted to finish. I downloaded the clean copies to a thumb drive and added a screenshot of Little Brown church in the vale. Then I took the thumb drive to the library. Melissa printed them out for me. We talked for a bit, then her daughter and granddaughter arrived. Since it was almost 7 (quitting time for her), I left and went home.

I turned on the sprinkler. I was going to mow the lawn, but Michele and John called because Michele was feeling down. So they were talking to Chris. I heated some chicken and rice. Then I suggested singing, because she and I used to do that, a decade or more ago. So, singing ensued. It wasn't great, or on-key, or anything good, but we enjoyed it. Then they said their goodbye's because it was 10:30 for them.

I worked on my blog. I made tea. We watched two episodes of WTR. Chris got ready and went to bed. I stayed up to read, then got in the recliner and used headphones to get to sleep. But sleep wouldn't come and I sensed RLS coming on. I took a premptive tablet and went to bed.

No comments: