Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Velcro, O Velcro, wherefore art thou O Velcro?

Tuesday

I woke up just as Chris left. I got ready for the day. I watered the plants at home. I grabbed the trap and pulled out a dead gopher. I reset the trap in another location. I read e-mail, then made up yeast water. It needed to sit for 2 hours.

I read e-mail. I washed Chris' white shirt but the tumeric did not come out. I set it to soak, and headed to the garden with the yeast water. I got a call to open the swap shop, so I stopped there first. I met the new doctor and his wife. They took a quick look and left.

I locked up, then got the mail and went to the garden. I checked the irrigation system, then diluted the yeast water and poured it on plants and places where future plants might go. It took longer than I thought.

I went home for breakfast. I had to make more breakfast mix first. I read messages as I ate. They were all about Trump. Is this a distraction from something else? I jotted notes for yesterday.

I took my trombone to Saronna's house. We talked and played (in between remarks to the kids). She gave me a 3-hole punch. I went by the pear tree and gave it a gallon of the yeast water.

When I got home, I looked for Velcro in my sewing room for the project this weekend. I found some lengths that were 1 inch or less wide. Only one piece was wider. So I went to my laptop to find wider velcro. Joanns had some on their website, but it was not available for shipping nor pickup. So, do they really have it? I looked at other sites but theirs were sticky-backed.

At 5, I opened Zoom and signed into the quilt guild meeting. Zoom couldn't find my camera, so I just watched, anonymously. I also had supper. When it was over, I went out to run the sprinkler and mow. It kind of hurt my back, so I called it quits and put the mower away.

I posted to my blog and made tea. We watched two episodes of WTR. It took longer than I thought. Chris went to bed. I stayed up for another hour, then took some activated charcoal and got in the recliner. I listened to the sleep music for half an hour, then went to bed.

No comments: